Souvenir African American Church Programs
African American church websites across the country frequently leave out their church history, names of their early pastors, and their earlier locations. These souvenir programs are priceless black gold; they're chock filled with important church history, biographical information about the early pastors, photographs, black business advertisements from the community, and other church members/activities.
This is just a small sampling of the vast collection of church sourvenir programs within the Nanny Jack & Co Archives. We also have programs from Pennsylvania, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, etc.
1) #SharonBaptistChurch 85th Anniversary of the Church and 25th Anniversary of the Pastor, James L. Moore, Stricker & Presstman Streets (1970)
2) 90th Anniversary of the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church Conference, Penna. Ave AMEZ Church, Rev. G.M. Edwards (1934)
3) #TrinityBaptistChurch 50th Anniversary and 9th Anniversary of the Pastor, Rev. Volley V.K. Stokes, Druid Hill Avenue & McMechen Street (1938)
4) 192nd Anniversary of #BethelAMEChurch, Rev. Dr. John R. Bryant, 1300 Druid Hill Avenue (1977)
5) Re-Entrance Celebration of St. John's AME Church, Rev. Harrison J. Bryant, 810 N Carrollton Avenue (1945)
Keepin' it historically significant ✊🏾