Moorish Science Temple of America
#MoorishChristmas (January 8, 1926) #MoorishScienceTempleofAmerica #ProphetNobleDrewAli
New #ArtifactualJourneyPodcast episode discussing the amazing story of Thomas Drew who became the Prophet Noble Drew Ali, Supreme Grand Sheik of the Moorish Science Temple, an African American religious movement founded by Drew in Newark, New Jersey in 1913 and relocated to Chicago in the 1920s.
This is part of a treasure trove of Moorish Science Temple of America artifacts within the Nanny Jack & Co Archives, which include letters, membership cards, brochures, the constitution and bylaws, the Holy Koran, photographs, two wooden portraits of Noble Drew Ali, and other items.
1) Wooden portrait of Noble Drew Ali (35 inches long, 25 inches wide)
2) Letter from E. Mealy El to Moorish Science Temple of America members about the 6th annual national Moorish Christmas
3) Wooden portrait of Noble Drew Ali (35 inches long, 25 inches wide)
4) The Moorish Science Temple Constitution and Bylaws (762 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore MD, 21201)
5) Moorish Missionary and Communication Assistance Office, 1006 North Carey Street, Baltimore, MD
6) 1933 Telegram from E. Mealy El to J.H. Harrel Bey (2208 McCulloh Street, Baltimore, MD) discussing Mealy El as Noble Drew Ali Reincarnated
7) Identification card for Brother Henderson Young Bey
Keepin' it historically significant ✊🏽